[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Feedback requested for ELO webware for US Backgammon ratings

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 8 June 2009, at 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: Feedback requested for ELO webware for US Backgammon ratings (phil Simborg)

Phil, you have some good ideas, and no one that I know of has ever said you aren't enthusiastic -- an excellent trait.

I'd like to take issue with one of your tenets: The ABT must be changed....

The true ABT as advertised is is a point system with awards. Independent promoters choose to belong, meaning their events are included in the points system. I recall there is a small fee per tournament. The ABT is run by Bill Davis.

True, Bill Davis is also involved in other BG activities, including co-running a club (weekly and monthly competitions) and putting out a related online site and newsletter. He also has been deeply involved in reviewing and tweaking the US Rules, including the clock rules. But, again AFAIK, these involvements are independent of the ABT.

I say, let the ABT live as it is and start a new organization that does what you want. I don't offhand see anything that is mutually exclusive between a national BG organization that you have outlined and the ABT. There is room for both, in an amicable setting.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.