[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cube error rates

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2009, at 12:41 p.m.

In Response To: Cube error rates (Gregg Cattanach)

A lot of people have floated this idea. Isn't this really just rationalization of your bad cube decision, though? Let's say you've correctly judged your opponent to be a 'Colonel WhiteFlag' (a wimp regarding taking cubes). If you double early and get a pass, you get 1 point. If you wait and double ON-TIME (when it is a correct D/T), then he'll be even MORE likely to pass, as his position is now weaker, and you still get your 1 point without making a bad double. In the first instance, you take the risk that he'll actually take. In the second instance, you are happy with either his take or pass decision

The problem is, you may never make it in the doubling window. I'm not advocating cubing early in general but if I'm playing a limp wimp and anything 'scary' looking arises even if I know it's a ND I'll send it rather than wait and hope I get in the window.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.