[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Yes, I do play for fun.

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 28 September 2009, at 2:30 a.m.

In Response To: Yes, I do play for fun. (Rich Munitz)

Fun is the MAIN REASON I play backgammon, chouette or otherwise. And it is NOT FUN if there is arguing. It is NOT FUN if there are disagreements. And MOST disagreements can be avoided if there are clear rules and everyone follows them. It is not fun to play if people break rules or allow others to break rules, or if you play in a chou where there are no rules that cover many things that come up all the time.

Would you enjoy a chouette where a player can roll on the wrong side of the board and claim you are a jerk because you are holding him to that silly rule? Would you enjoy a chouette if a player picked up the cube and said he was doubling, and when you took, he said he was just kidding and took the cube back? Would you enjoy playing in a non-consulting chouette where one player whispers "hit" after the dice are rolled?

No? Then how could you possibly condone someone picking up their dice and then being allowed to change his play? How is that any different?

To me, THAT'S NOT FUN!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.