[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My Wind Books

Posted By: Chris Bray
Date: Saturday, 17 October 2009, at 10:39 a.m.

Thanks for all the comments posted below re my books. A few comments from the author:

Because the Wind books are published using 'on demand' technolgy through www.lulu.com I can update the text whenever errors are found or technology (i.e. the bots) advance and my thanks to all those who over the years have found errors and let me know. The current versions of "WCISTW?" and "SW" are quite different from the originals (more so in the case of "WCITW?"). My apologies for not being able to publish a "track changes" list. An omission I will correct for future books.

Incidentally this is why I republished "Backgammon - An Independent View" using Lulu a couple of years ago. The advances of time, technology and my own backgammon skills had left me feeling uncomfortable about the errors in the original version and I wanted to set the record straight.

I am currently editing "Wind Assisted" which will be published early next year and will include about 150 articles and three quizzes. For the first time I will include rollout data for all the positions.

These will be Snowie rollouts but I am increasingly using ExtremeGammon to cross-check analysis. I have found it interesting that EG 'solves' the most difficult problems in Mike Corbett's book on evaluation while Snowie struggles to get them right with rollouts. The jury is still out on EG but to my mind it may well be the strongest bot around.

I am currently in conversation with the Snowie team in Switzerland and hope to have a definitive answer as to if (and therefore when) Snowie 5 will become available - or not. They have promised me a statement prior to the publication of "Wind Assisted" but hopefully I will have something from them in the next month.

Chris

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.