[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Congrats on Las Vegas

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Monday, 9 November 2009, at 7:42 p.m.

Congrats on the BGOnliners' performances in Las Vegas !!

MCG and Stick reaching the Super Jackpot final.

Richard Munitz reaching the Main semi-final and winning the doubles with Ed Bennett.

Ken Bame reaching the Limited Jackpot final -- congrats to Justin Nunez for his win (I think he may post occasionally, too).

I'll post a few interesting positions I saw in various matches this weekend.

Some of the highlights/lowlights for me, both experienced and observed, included: the ending of the Mary Hickey/Julian Fetterlein match (I'll post it if she doesn't); the 15-0 spanking of Stick by Rachel Rhodes in the first round (even he gets his occasionally); Mike Corbett avenging Stick with his own 15-0 spanking of Rachel Rhodes; my one game $300 jackpot semi-final win on a 4-cube backgammon (when Justin had only 2 guys closed out); a Mike Corbett take of a recube from Malcolm Davis when leading 12-3/17 -- I'll post it; Jon Viator's most improbable comeback victory against Neil Garvie in the Main quarterfinals (Neil lead 14-3 Crawford); and a highly volatile sequence in my match with Kit Woolsey in the $300 Jackpot final (I'll post the position, Kit went on to win the match).

It was nice to see good size contingents from Japan and the UK. I did not play nor meet any of the Japanese players but they entered everything and were seemingly quite competitive. I met several of the Brits and had a very good, entertaining, and fun match with Julian Fetterlein (I lost a close one) and I know John O, Mary, and Stick all played Julian as well. A very nice guy and, as we all know, a very good player. Rachel Rhodes had a good run in the main before losing to eventual winner, Mike Corbett. I met and played Carl Dell in the Seniors -- just a super guy, and though not a terribly experienced or advanced player, quite eager to learn and discuss the game.

In all, another great few days of backgammon. Aren't the all?

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.