[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

TV poker...

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Thursday, 17 May 2007, at 4:24 p.m.

I don't want to be one of those idiots who criticizes something when I don't know what I'm talking about, but...

(BTW, I'm replaying from memory so I may have some details wrong. I know you guys like more details. Sorry. Are there transcripts somewhere?) Last night on the WPT broadcast (Mandalay Bay event) with three players remaining this guy plays AJo and (with one opponent) hits Axx on the flop (two of the cards were spades). He bets (in position) and gets called. On the turn a non-spade spotcard hits and it goes check-check. The river hits a spade and his opp bets. He thinks for a while. The commentators (Sexton and pretty boy) say "it's hard to believe he isn't going to call this. Pros would call this." BTW, I like Sexton's commentary and his play, in general. I don't know where he ranks among pros but he seems to do OK, and make sense in general.) He lays it down and they say "great laydown!" WTF? He doesn't bet the turn, a scare card hits on the river, he mucks it and gets complimented for doing so. Am I that ignorant? I see a lot of (what to me seems) weird play on these telecasts, by amateurs and "pros" alike. Am I missing an entire dimension (or two) or is there just a lot of bad play there?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.