[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giant List Subjectivity

Posted By: Seth
Date: Sunday, 22 November 2009, at 10:19 p.m.

IMHO,I now think that the Giant List is way too subjective, in nature. In the past,( before accessing this forum), I had always thought that there were objective criteria to determine these 32 slots. Chuck Bower made some attempt at an objective approach to this task.Am just curious, why there aren't standard ratings for backgammon players similar to chess ratings for grandmasters, etc. around the globe. Is it because American Bg players and the rest of world- Europe, Asia, etc. are not continually playing one another for such ratings? I have never played in any Bg tournaments, so, I may be very lacking in knowledge in this whole matter. Additionally, I wonder how people's posts here( of Giants ) influence the voting of others. I am merely posting my thoughts on the matter and am not looking to be inundated with criticisms for my ideas, etc. Just looking to open a discussion regarding these issues of the Giants list.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.