[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bg Live in London 2009 - Film Reports

Posted By: Dan Pelton
Date: Monday, 23 November 2009, at 1:18 a.m.

In Response To: Bg Live in London 2009 - Film Reports (Mike Main)

I definitely agree with Stick that filming is a great way to help publicize our game and would like to see more of it in the future. It appears that you were able to accomplish quite a bit with some fairly rudimentary equipment, although I could be mistaken.

I would love to see Open final matches at large tournaments filmed, and hopefully streamed live. This would be a great way to help with the globalization of the game, giving top players visibility to a greater audience than they now have.

There have been discussions on this forum and I'm sure elsewhere about candidates for the 32 Giants of the Game. As a player that doesn't attend many tournaments, and those I attend are all located in the US, I don't have a good knowledge of many of the top international players. I believe Stick would agree that his wayward summer in Europe opened his eyes to some of the top players that he did not have prior knowledge of.

Bottom line, more filming! I'd love to hear what equipment was used to make the videos that you provided.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.