[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

41 Opening Nactation

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Wednesday, 2 December 2009, at 3:29 a.m.

In Response To: 41 Opening Nactation (Timothy Chow)

Z would be the impossible play 24/20 13/12.

Actually, if the 12pt were vacant, then 24/20 13/12 would be S (Split) and 24/23 13/9 would be Z (reverse split). It is the impossibility of 24/20 13/12 in the early and middle game (i.e., up until opp has broken her midpoint) that allow one to use either S or Z to describe 24/23 13/9 (and I prefer S because it more quickly suggests "Split" to inexperienced nactators). I believe you understand this as well as anyone (and for all I know you still retain a preference for 24/23 13/9 = Z) and just momentarily forgot :)

Simultaneously slotting and splitting is often a risky play; that is how I remember that it is nactated W for wild.

Yes, a great way to remember it. 24/20 6/5 can also be called E (Each inner board), but you, I, Stick and others prefer the more stylish W for the Wild split-and-slot plays and the more mechanical E when one or both of the half-plays cover or move to a point that is already made.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.