[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Awarding of ABT Points -- Rebuys

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Friday, 22 January 2010, at 2:18 a.m.

Consider me of the opinion, particularly if the number of rebuys is going to be limited -- as in NYC where 13 rebuys completed a 64 bracket -- that no one should be allowed to rebuy twice until all interested parties have had a chance to rebuy once. Those seeking to rebuy a second time can sign up on a list, in order of time of interest, to take advantage of any remaining rebuy slots after all have had an initial opportunity.

I was also dismayed by an occurrence in Las Vegas in November -- I've discussed various aspects of this here before. In Las Vegas there is, to my understanding, no limit on the number of rebuys. And, as winners play no additional matches on Thursday, there is seemingly no time restraint other than the fact that all of the matches need to be completed Thursday evening to allow Friday morning's restart.

However, they did, reportedly, cut off rebuy entries at 6:00 pm. One intermediate player who was caught up in an unclocked, never ending match -- certainly not all, nor primarily, of my acquaintance's fault -- was not given the opportunity to rebuy because the match didn't finish until after 6:00 pm.

Now the 5-6 hour length of the match can be the subject of another discussion, but I think it was unfair that the player was denied re-entry by an arbitrary time deadline of no critical impact due to the misfortune of having drawn the world's slowest and most inconsiderate opponent in the opening round.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.