[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Suggestion for encouraging more lurkers to post

Posted By: W Womack
Date: Sunday, 11 April 2010, at 12:19 a.m.

In Response To: Suggestion for encouraging more lurkers to post (Timothy Chow)

I thought that Stick's response to my position was quite appropriate and that it did not need additional information. The answer was pretty straight forward, something I should have been able to figure out but sometimes you need someone to point that out to you.

The issue for lurkers as I see it is that you hesitate to post these relatively simple positions on this forum because they can detract from the overall level of discussion. I know that in the past most regulars have encouraged everyone to post, but I don't think anyone would like to see the forum crowded with a large number of these relative simple positions.

In the past I had asked about a separate forum for the lurkers, but it was pretty clear that the top level players would not be dropping into such a forum to help us out, which makes sense.

Since there is a BGO wish list going on one thing I would wish for is a different forum hosting package that allows the use of Subtopics within the forum. For example you could have topics such as Opening Rollouts, Advanced Positions, Intermediate Positions, Tournament News, etc. There are forum interfaces that do this, but I gather from Stick's comments a month or so ago on rgb criticizing the interface here that he has been unable to find a package that includes these kinds of features AND allows for direct posting of HTML output from bots to messages to produce position diagrams--which is a critical need for a forum like this.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.