[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Vegas Update

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 18 April 2010, at 7:31 a.m.

The SuperJackpot pays only two places. Petko beat Bill Riles (DMP) in one semis and Joe Russell beat Stephan in the other.

The winner's bracket of the main event pays four places. Stick beat Gary Schachtshneider in one semi and Pat Gibson beat Joe Russell in the other.

The consolation also pays four places. Tom Wheeler beat Malcolm in the quarterfinals 11-0 and then beat Peever in the semis 11-0. Ari Nogueira of Brazil beat Greg Cottle in the other semis.

To cover the unlikely event that anyone cares, I am mentioning that Peever holds the world's record for reaching the most consolation semifinals in 2010, doing it in Santa Fe, Chicago, Cleveland and Vegas.

It was a lot of fun to see and chat with Paul Magriel at this tournament. I took lessons from Magriel thirty years ago when I was a beginner and he was considered to be among the top three players in the world (along with Roger Low and Jason Lester, who endured only one year at Cornell before embarking on their gambling careers). Never did I dream back then that Paul would one day be soliciting my opinion on early game checker play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.