[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Mo 04/26/10

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Tuesday, 27 April 2010, at 12:12 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Mo 04/26/10 (Jason Lee)

The only way not to leave a direct shot is 13/6. If we do leave a direct shot, then we might as well hit with 8/4*. Then we have three reasonable choices: 8/4*/1*, 8/4* 24/21, and 8/4* 13/10. I think 24/21 is weaker than 13/10 since 24/21 doesn't even threaten White's other blot whereas 13/10 unstacks the midpoint and creates a direct cover number if we are not hit. The double hit is possible since it leaves only a single direct shot in return and gives us a useful tempo, but we don't have a lot of ammunition to follow up with and we're not doing much to solve our problems. I don't like it. So for me the choice is between 13/10 8/4* and 13/6. In other words I'm playing 13/10 for sure and then have to decide on the 4. Being ahead in the race suggests the cautious 13/6, but this is safe for only one roll and gives XGR+ free rein to improve its position.

13/10 8/4*

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.