[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2010 USBGF Howard Ring Memorial Quiz

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Saturday, 12 June 2010, at 1:44 p.m.

The U.S.Backgammon Federation is proud to announce 2010 Howard Ring Memorial Quiz will take place as part of the L.A. Open Saturday, June 12th. at 11:15 a.m. P.T. The quiz honors Howard Ring, a world class husband, father, humanitarian, and backgammon player. I was honored to call him my friend.

I participated in designing the quiz, with assistance from Steve Sax, Stick Rice, Paul Weaver, and Phil Simborg. Very nice trophies were donated by the U.S.B.G.F.for the first of what is to be an annual event.

There are 14 questions on the quiz and it is free for people that sign up for the U.S.B.G.F at the tournament, $10 otherwise. All quizzes will be returned to the participants with a detailed explanation from a member or members of the above panel. We think it will be very instructional.

Anyone that signs up for the U.S.B.G.F.in 2010 will be given a copy of the quiz. It has over 30 pages of tips, advice, and explanations from world class players.

This is just one of the ways that the U.S.B.G.F will try to enhance the backgammon experience. We: have organized backgammon clubs at universities; have sponsored students in regional events; will have extensive educational material and an active forum on our website; post national ratings, current year and lifetime; host online tournaments, including the U.S.B.G.F National Championships; give free seminars and broadcast important matches from ABT events, report results of ABT events; offer discounts on equipment, boards, lessons, etc; offer many other way in which to enhance the knowledge and enjoyment of backgammon for everyone.

You can sign-up for the U.S.B.G.F at the L.A. Open, at the official launch at the 2010 Michigan Summer Championships, or online after the official launch.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.