[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

41$-43

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Tuesday, 27 July 2010, at 2:31 a.m.

In Response To: 41$-43 (Leonardo Jerkovic)

I have never understood why bots play 24/2* 24/21 here. Can anyone shed any light WHY would it be better then 13/10? I'v never played 24/21, it seems so counter-intuitive for me.

It is a combination of factors: You are ahead in the race (increasing the value of escaping or advance-anchoring), and you are increasing the chances of hitting Opp in the outfield.

Compare these agg (bot aggregate) values:

41$-43 [U S21]
21$-43 [U S8]
51$-43 [S U22]

In the first position, U (Up, 24/20* 24/21) gets you the benefit of a double-direct shot at the 16pt blot. In the second position, Opp might hit back with a 6 on her 5pt, so you want to be able to anchor on the 21pt if you don't return-hit (incentive, though not as much incentive as with the first position). In the third position, you have neither reason to play U, and S (24/20* 13/10) is best.

It is also useful to understand the difference between 41$-43 versus 41$-42 -- you can find diagrams and data here.

Agg for 41$-42 is [S U14]. (Playing 24/22 with the deuce is even worse with 21$-42 and 51$-42.) The reason you don't come up with the 2 (even though it is right to come up with the 3) is that although you still get the nice benefit of double-threatening the 16pt blot you don't want to give Opp (who is on the roof) a decent 6.

Hope that helps.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.