[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Madison format #2

Posted By: Bill
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 2010, at 2:50 a.m.

I have updated the format description to include our handling of the 3-loss players. I am starting this as its own thread, since it deserves discussion. I am actively soliciting input(check out 7d): WSBC "More Swiss" Format

To sum up: once we get to the point where all the remaining players will place, we start eliminating (and paying) 3-loss players, except in special circumstances when we decide not to. Sounds opaque, yes? Not really. We only expect to invoke the discretion clause when it will be obvious to all involved how much better the draw will be. For example: there are an odd number of 3-loss players and two 2-loss players and one undefeated player. By keeping the 3-loss players in for another round, we avoid giving one of the 2-loss players a bye into 2nd place.

What do you think? Is there a better way to say it? Is there a better way to do it?

--Bill

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.