[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Neil's Madison format

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 2010, at 3:28 a.m.

My opinion remains the same about the Madison format. Lets assume 45-50 players and retain your procedure for byes and they count as a win as you prefer.

Run Swiss elim for 11 rounds and all 8-3 and better cash. This will be 6, once in a while 7 players if you have 50 players. Likely 6 if 45, and if it is only 5 that is no problem. If you don't go 8-3 you don't cash !!

As soon as someone loses 4 times they are gonzo..just like always so there will be no meaningless matches.

Most likely after 11 rounds there is almost no chance with this few players of having three 9-2's. But if you do you can just have all remaining players play another round or try some sort of "fair settlement" playoff between the 9-2's based on whether any had an earlier bye.

Perhaps things may clarify after 10 rounds. Lets say you have two 9-1's and eight 7-3's. Life is easy. The two 9-1's play until only one has less than 2 losses and he is the winner while the other is second place and the 7-3's can also play 1 more match to decide the 4 who share 3rd-6th at 8-3.

I don't have those at 8-3 playing more matches unless absolutely needed in the extremely rare case where another round is needed do to three at 9-2. Lets get these 8-3 paid and out of the event so that they can play masters and doubles final rounds.

Anyhow commit to paying all at 8-3 or better rather than a set ammount of players !!!!!

Try it..most will like it and if they don't you can change it next year. If any issues arise...common sense and fairness must prevail and there will be plenty of people like myself to consult with.

Speaking of not liking...I loved the full Swiss idea in Pitt and realize there's no way a 2 day event can allow those with 2 losses to win the event however all with 2 losses need to go to a conso as it ROYALLY SUCKED to be out of that event after two rather quick losses.

.. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.