[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Year's Resolutions

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 7 January 2011, at 9:22 a.m.

I asked once before if anyone had any New Year's resolutions to make and in typical fashion said I'd be back to post my NYR later. I never did make it back .. that seems about right.

Has anyone made any this year? I never officially make any but toy with ideas of what I'd like to get done. If I make them all it is is a big list of shit that I never do. So let me make a few.

• Play more tennis. This avoids the problematic NYR that most make, to get in shape, where you have a full gym for the first 2 weeks in January and leaves it open to something I might be able to accomplish.

• Read more and specifically re-read most of the books that I own that are backgammon or poker related. This is always a fine tune up for either game and makes me a better overall gambling whore. It's also easy to breeze through these books having already read them at least once. To keep myself to this one y'all are likely to see book reviews or excerpts and whatnot after I finish (re)reading a book. I'll also take suggestions for any related books that I may have somehow missed.

• Start writing at least my first backgammon book. (or Hearts is also acceptable) I have many ideas but the work involved is brutal and the reward so minimal I always put it off.

• Update the site, give more (group) lessons, help the USBGF more, finish a couple of the zillion projects I've started, etc.. etc...

• Learn another language or at least seriously strengthen a language I'm already familiar with. Easiest would be Spanish, next would be French, new language who knows.

• Find my keys. I lost them when I came home after New Years. I had to have them with me as we drove my car home and I needed them to get in the door. The next day I couldn't find them and haven't really looked for them since.

• Upload lots of pix/vids to FB/online. Now I'm just setting goals that maybe even I can reach. This is still a lot of work though so I don't get my hopes too high.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.