[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation: match annotation study (who moved my cheese?)

Posted By: garyo
Date: Thursday, 27 January 2011, at 4:14 a.m.

In Response To: Nactation: match annotation study (who moved my cheese?) (Marty Storer)

any notation becomes more and more cumbersome the more information that is involved. the nactation method is meant to condense lots of info in a small space. it does this well, however at some point the amount of info that it is condensing becomes too great for even the best of us --- read the many debates about which letter best serves a play even in the early midgame.

to try to extend the use of nactation is certainly tempting for those of us (not me) that have a vast amount of time to pour over vast amounts of bg data. and this is to be commended. however, the codification is overwhelming to the newer players and at some point this becomes an anti-growth movement. the neos are going to pick up a book, or read a website that they struggle to understand. and if the neos give up on the game --- it has no future.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.