[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation: Study, Tutorial Supplement, and Annactated Game

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Saturday, 29 January 2011, at 8:10 p.m.

In Response To: Nactation: Study, Tutorial Supplement, and Annactated Game (Nack Ballard)

I got to "chugging away" myself, and read through this long post of yours, Nack. Thanks for taking the time to write it. Your post evidences how much work you've put into developing a robust system ultimately capable of annotating entire games. The "countless hours of research and experimentation" show. The system is certainly less "ad hoc" than it may have seemed -- what's been "ad hoc" has not been the development of the system, but the revelation of additional rules in response to specific questions, but that's natural enough. Having said that, though, I still feel (in agreement with you) that "Nactation is primarily intended for early game study" or, as you similarly wrote in your introduction to nactation, that "the primary purpose of nactation is to communicate play sequences and positions that arise in the first few moves of the game."

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.