[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Project for You

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 11 February 2011, at 5:24 a.m.

Here's the idea, within' the next week (the sooner the better) you should waste some time going through old posts here on BGO. To do this from the forums main page go to Set Preferences and then change Posted to within' the last 5 years. After you do this go get a Pepsi because it will take a couple/few minutes for all those posts to load.

There are about 88,000 posts to wade through so it's quite an undertaking for any one person. What I'm looking for are posts that should perhaps be archived or noted for their usefulness or flat out how good they are. I would also like to be made aware of any posts that may need deleted or altered (broken links, broken pix, etc...). There are likely good ideas for projects hidden in posts we've long since forgot about.

I'm not suggesting everyone start from the beginning and see where you can get to, just that you pick a random spot over the years and go through as many posts as you feel like. There's a much more methodical way to do this if people want to volunteer and we can make sure we get through all the posts but I'm not that concerned with it, just sounded like something to do. All suggestions welcome.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.