[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Prime vs Prime checker play

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 14 February 2011, at 1:37 a.m.

In Response To: Prime vs Prime checker play (christian munk-christensen)

The natural play to me is picking up the bar completely, 7/6 7/5, regardless of the score. If we pick it up our opponent is forced to play and breaks his six prime with 7 immediate rolls. [53 54 33 44 55] This play kills our sixes and barring doubles or a five next turn we hold the 5 prime another turn. It's also the best distribution for those 7 rolls our opponent cracks. We have sixes to escape and then a great spare distribution for when we need to hit loose or point on our opponent.

If we hit our opponent cracks with zero immediate rolls. We have to pray for an ace and then we dance for as long as humanly possible. The vast majority of the time though we'll enter when he has at best broken to a 5 prime and we crack immediately when we enter. Hitting like this feels pretty horrible.

I don't see much merit to leaving the bar point slotted either. I want to kill sixes, not be forced to hit with one next turn if my opponent doesn't hop.

I don't think the virtual dmp score makes any difference here. I play 7/6 7/5 at every score.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.