[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

MS-Win 'trick' needed (somewhat OT)

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 1 April 2011, at 3:09 p.m.

There must be a solution to this frustrating issue. (This happens in XG, but it's a Windows feature, not unique to XG. I've been putting up with it for nearly 20 years. Enough is enough!)

I click an item on the heading bar of an application and a small drop-down window-box opens. If my selection within includes a right arrow, I have to move the mouse cursor to the right a ways before that box opens, and all the way to the box to make my subsequent selection. But while doing that, if the cursor strays from a narrow path, either a different secondary window-box opens OR WORSE, straying from the primary box causes it to close and then you have to start over.

I tried the obvious solution of left-clicking on the primary box item, thinking that would freeze that selection until I got to the secondary box. Seems logical, but NOOOOO.

Someone here surely has a simple (inexpensive) solution. Help!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.