[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation: Letter hierarchies

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Saturday, 22 October 2011, at 5:26 p.m.

In Response To: Nactation: Letter hierarchies (Taper_Mike)

I think my original post was lost, so I'll rehash:

I'm still digesting this, but meanwhile I want to ask about the 13th letter that does "double-service." Which one is it?

Oops, I miscounted! There are 14 single-service letters (BFHKLPRSTUVWXZ) and only 12 double-service letters (EACONGYMDJIQ).

Are the underscored families (i.e, those letters that are underlined) strictly reserved for those plays with doublets that are divided 3:1 or 1:3? Can they ever be used with a non-doublet?

No, the underlined families include everything that is not 2:2. EACON takes care of 3:1 (which is understood to include 1:3), GYDIJQ handles 2:1:1, and M is 1:1:1:1.

For letters that do "double-service," are there now only 8 plays that can be nactated when a non-doublet is rolled? Ditto re. doublets that are played in the ratio 2:2?

For more sets of 8 double-service (or 16 single-service) letters, you can change color (e.g., black, red, green...). Let me know if you ever reach a position in live play where a second color is needed. :)

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.