[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

cell phones and exact position...

Posted By: Dave
Date: Friday, 14 September 2007, at 12:42 p.m.

In Response To: cell phones and exact position... (Klaus Evers)

Klaus, well of course you're right about the cell phone and if ever my calls made + calls received per month ratio exceeds .5 then I'll get one. You kids and your new fangled technology. Otherwise I do typically sketch out several key positions during my match but on this one particular position I got just over half the board, something happened to distract me (playing at a bar, you understand) and so had to reconstruct the "less interesting" side of the board partially from memory. Also, at this particular bar while playing backgammon we're also participating in team trivia which strictly forbids the use of cell phones (you might be cheating) so in any case I'm still stuck with sketching these things out.

I posted this one because at the time I made the play I convinced myself it was correct. When I got home and reviewed it I was surprised that I had come to that conclusion. When I opened it up in gnubg it didn't like it but when I ran a short and simple roll out it liked my play. This means that there was enough confusion for me about the proper course of action to merit posting it here.

That said, six months ago it would have never even occurred to me to double in this position so all these matches against gnubg and following along this board have helped my play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.