[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Grandmastership Title awarded to Bernhard Kaiser (Germany)

Posted By: Rick Janowski
Date: Tuesday, 8 September 2015, at 12:58 a.m.

BREAKING NEWS: Grandmastership Title awarded to Bernhard Kaiser (Germany)

I have great pleasure in announcing the award of the title of Grandmaster (Class 3) to Bernhard Kaiser. Bernhard is the second German player to achieve this prestigious title after Frank Simon had achieved this level earlier this year. Both Bernhard and Frank are also German Grandmasters through the CBiD awarding body. They are Doppel-Grossmeisters of Backgammon!

Bernhard earned his title by achieving an average PR of 3,96 from over 100 experience points from matches played in Germany over the last 12 months, under the monitoring regime of CBiD. Congratulations to Bernhard for displaying such high standard of play and for achieving the title of Grandmaster. I asked Bernhard, normally a very modest man, to write a short biography for inclusion on the Profiles Page of the BMAB website. It is such a nice story I thought I would share it now:

Bernhard, born in 1969, learned the game at the age of 14 during a vacation on a small Greek island. His teacher, his Greek landlord, was known as the Backgammon King of the Island. They played for ice cream, and Bernhard usually lost. Back home, he studied the game seriously and managed to slaughter the "King" two years later!

During the late eighties and early nineties he played successfully at many tournaments, culminating at the Backgammon Olympiad in Venice 1996, where he won the title in the Champions Class as well as in the Doubles Consulting event and finished second only to Paul Magriel’s Squad in the Teams event.

He then took a long break, concentrating on his family and job as a mathematician, but returned to the tournament scene some years ago, winning many local tournaments and leading the German Elo-ranking list for some time. He also won the WSOB Online Tour in 2012.

Bernhard has rarely been seen at international tournaments, but is planning to change this in the future! His Gridgammon nickname is "rosinabeck".

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.