| |
BGonline.org Forums
Position of the Day 09-13-26
Posted By: Chuck Bower In Response To: Position of the Day 09-13-26 (Stick)
Date: Tuesday, 29 September 2026, at 5:54 p.m.
If hanging out on the 24-pt is right then I have no chance with this one. I start with 25/22. Then there are 3 candidates for the ace:
22/21 -- establishes communication but seems to give White her best attacking options with {1,2,3,4} either PoH'ing or hitting loose and 5's hitting loose.
2/1 -- the tweener play, still offering White a lot of hitting and PoH'ing but seemingly not as many double hits as 22/21. (Well, maybe only 1 fewer double hits.)
15/14 -- duplicates 5's, stays off of White's most desirable new point, and gets the penultimate checker closer to home.
2/1 doesn't appear to make any progress for Blue's primary goal -- getting home. I'm eliminating it. Of the other two, communication is nice but do you really get that for more than a split second? Rendering White's 51 and 56 awkward has value above what's already been mentioned (i.e. not leading with chin by stepping into White's most desirable new point location and getting the lead checker closer to home). I've made my decision:
25/22, 15/14
| |
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.