[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Progressive vs Traditional Last Chance for ABT events

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 16 January 2009, at 5:03 p.m.

In Response To: Progressive vs Traditional Last Chance for ABT events (Gregg Cattanach)

Gregg "I used the Progresssive last chance format at the two Southeast BG Championships. Jeb Horton provided me with draw sheets for 32, 48 and 64 players that have the progressive LC feature."

Neil... I look forward to seeing these draw sheets in Charlotte. I assume Jeb used the same method that I did which results in no byes if you have a full field of 64. I also hope that Charlotte uses a progressive LC and I look forward to seeing how smoothly a fully clocked event with a progressive LC flows since I hope this is the future of our Championship level ABT events as we progress into the next decade.

Gregg..."I agree with Neil that this is much more efficient becase much of the LC is already played off on Saturday night. An 'objection' some TDs have is that more people won't be alive in anything official on Sunday morning and will leave, but I didn't observe that."

Neil...Here we have an experienced director who has used the progressive LC and he says "much more efficient" ! One would hope that this would be enough to bring all directors on board and immediately. The objections about people just leaving Saturday night if knocked out don't hold water. Also who really cares if they leave ? A good way to keep those knocked out playing is to run small and low rake blitzes or even a satellite doubles..etc etc.

Change all ABT events to Progressive LC's NOW ..please .. neilkaz ..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.