[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bona fide example of a stoplight chart

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Wednesday, 21 October 2009, at 2:30 a.m.

In Response To: Bona fide example of a stoplight chart (Stick)

Stick wrote:

isn't there a better name than 'stoplight chart' since these charts will have numerous colors beyond the range of a stoplight?

I'm open to other suggestions. However, once I realized that some of the colors don't make sense, the only other color now besides red, orange, and green is blue, so "stoplight" isn't far off. "Stoplight chart" does have the advantage of helping one remember what the colors are supposed to mean. A possible alternative is "dashboard." Both "stoplight chart" and "dashboard" are commonly used terms in the corporate world for charts like these.

I also don't know what you think 'orange' looks like but to me your orange is basically yellow.

I typed the word "Orange" in HTML so whatever you see is somebody else's idea of what orange looks like. Fortunately, now that I've gotten rid of the orange/yellow distinction it doesn't matter if they look the same, as long as there's no chance of being mistaken for red.

you could shade or recolor a small triangle out of the bottom right hand side of the rectangle.

Good suggestion.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.