[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Onetime shuffle rule

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 10 November 2009, at 11:25 p.m.

In Response To: Onetime shuffle rule (Nack Ballard)

I, too, find checker-shuffling quite annoying and, as we've all experienced, an easy source of errors and/or chicanery.

I try to use the offset checker method on the rare occasion I make a move with the idea I might not select the move.

I could certainly live with a touch-move rule.

I think we should, in the least, go to Gregg's 'reset' rule. Sometimes people can make potential moves, partial moves, move them again back and forth w/o ever going back to the original position, and on and on till I get dizzy trying to remember the original position. It can remind me of the carnival booth where one tries to determine which of the three cups the penny is under.

So, count me in for a 'touch-move' rule or, alternatively, on the 'reset' rule.

I don't like to see the rules vary much between classifications but I can appreciate Phil's suggestions to do it only on the Championship/Masters level, perhaps at least initially. Championship/masters level players can handle rules like this easily -- and, were they so inclined, can also easily manipulate the game (dare I say cheat?) with the current rules. I think there are very few in my estimation who would do so, but such relaxed standards accommodate those who would.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.