[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Onetime shuffle rule

Posted By: Stein Kulseth
Date: Wednesday, 11 November 2009, at 9:03 a.m.

In Response To: Onetime shuffle rule (Gregg Cattanach)

all shuffles must be 'complete', in other words you make a full play, look at it, then roll it completely back.

This would be my preferred rule as well. Though I would probably only have the requirement on the complete rollback, not on making the full play. Consider:

A player rolls say 61, uses the 6 quickly to anchor on the bar 24-18, then realizes that he has no sane ace to play. It makes little sense to me to force him to play a bogus 1 somewhere in order to take back his play. If he has no ace at all it can't even be done.

Also I would add that the roll back should be accompanied by a statement that he returns to the original position to try another move. This gives a cue to the opponent that now is the time to check that the original position is indeed restored.

Finally, I would also add that all plays tried out must be legal, to ensure that there is no doubt that an opponent can point out an illegal play in the making.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.