[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Onetime shuffle rule

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 12 November 2009, at 6:54 a.m.

In Response To: Onetime shuffle rule (alex21)

Here again the reason for a lot of the disagreement is that the rules and policies that would be best for the top level players are not necessarily best for intermediates and beginners. Top, experienced players should have no problem adopting to a rule change, such as touch move, one shuffle, or move only to the edge of the pips. They would not be confused by a legal move rule. They would not be confused by the use of a baffle box. Or clocks.

Many of these changes would make things more confusing for less experienced players, but I see no reason why the rules for the Open and Masters cannot be different and more applicable to more "serious" bigger-money play at that level.

I know there are those who will argue that two sets of rules would be confusing, and I am sure that some people might get confused no matter what we do, but there are rules that apply better to the more experienced players, just as there are rules for the professional level of many games and sports that differ from amateur.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.