[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Repairing illegal moves in non-clocked play

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Sunday, 25 March 2012, at 4:23 p.m.

In Response To: Repairing illegal moves in non-clocked play (Casper van der Tak)

I'm sure Jason's point is this: if you don't have the mechanism that shows your turn is complete (picking up the dice), how do you proceed? In my experience, maybe 10% of the players who correct the roll actually make a verbal indication that they are finished. They just assume the opponent knows they are finished. Sometimes I ask "is that your play?" but not always. If I proceed to roll (particularly if that roll is bad for my opp) and the opponent says "I was just looking at that candidate..." then an issue arises. Here again you could assume that no reasonable director would ever go along with this claim, but in my experience either A) that kind of assumption is fallacious or B) there are fewer 'reasonable' directors around than we'd like to think.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.