[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation Question — Clarifying the B, S and Z Families

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Thursday, 24 November 2011, at 7:22 a.m.

In Response To: Nactation Question — Clarifying the B, S and Z Families (Taper_Mike)

Your table is exactly correct, Mike.

It may be worth noting that for doublets, S and Z (referring to 3:1 ratio plays) have been drafted to take the place of what would otherwise have been the underlined B family. The E, A, C, O and N letters, when underlined, apply to 3:1 ratios. This can perhaps be best grasped by consulting the Nactation of Doublets table.

Terminology: By "outer board" or "the outer board," I mean the player's own outer board. I call the quadrant beyond it "the opponent's outer board" or "Opp's outer board" or "Opp outer board" (shorter than "the outer board on the far side," FWIW).

I'm thinking to call the opponent's outer board the player's "midboard" (midway between the back quadrant and outer board, and the quadrant that contains the player's midpoint) -- I wonder if that would catch on. "Midboard" would save a lot of typing. Also, "mid-to-outer" or "mid/outer" would then be a good abbreviated way to describe the non-expanded (less inclusive) down movement.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.