[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Playing live with a Mac - help needed

Posted By: DaveT
Date: Sunday, 27 January 2013, at 8:36 a.m.

A friend of mine has just got himself an apple Mac. He loves it – it is his new baby - but he now doesn’t seem to be able to play live backgammon on any of the servers we used to use for our live matches – Safeharbor Games, Netgammon etc.

We know that you can play on FIBS with a Mac but we have found that unfortunately FIBS has too much lag.

He is based in the US and so I suspect that even some of the money sites would not be available to him.

So if I am in Europe on a windows PC and he is in the States with a Mac how best can we play live backgammon while chatting over Skype and if possible get to save games in a format that he can run through eXtremegammon. We both have eXtremegammon but again he can’t use that on his nice shiny new Mac.

What would be the recommendations from Mac users to – a) Allow us to play live backgammon again b) Allow him to use eXremeGammon

I should mention that he will really need a solution to be easy to implement as he won’t want to do anything too difficult from a technology perspective. Hoping someone can help so that live service can resume!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.