[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

to Chuck..

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Sunday, 9 June 2013, at 12:21 a.m.

In Response To: to Chuck.. (onur alan)

It looks (like a) whopper and I wonder why do you like it to give opp many gammon chance?

First, how gammonish is just playing a 24-point game to begin with? My GP is prime-vs-prime and that works better if my anchor is as far forward as possible. Also, opp isn't in great position to attack my back checkers, with spares in the outfield and strong impetus to cover the 8-point, making the full prime.

Apparently I overvalued my chances to actually make the 23-point (or get a legitimately timed P-v-P game) before White can comfortably attack my back checkers.

Magriel long ago said (among other things credited to him that he maybe didn't say): "the worst mistakes at backgammon come from not even considering the best play." Or to (mis?)quote Jack Nicklaus "first learn to hit it long, you can always learn later how to hit it straight."

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.