[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

World Championship ISSUE #1 Schedule

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Friday, 16 August 2013, at 5:54 p.m.

In Response To: World Championship ISSUE #1 Schedule (Steen Grønbech)

Some thoughts here.

1) I'd not want to start a 19 pt match at 10:30 pm if it can be avoided.

2) While you have to adhere to local customs and culture, I have to ask if most of the nearby restaurants are ready to serve at 7 pm?

3) People tend to have to walk to restaurants there, ie.. the street that has many where you can eat inside or outdoors, or up the hill into Beausoleil so allowing somewhat more than 2 hours is good. Perhaps it could be 2:15.

So if you stick to the current format which I have no real issues with, consider staring at 2 pm and having the dinner break from 7 or 7:15 to 9:30.

Another option is to start at 1 pm on days where two matches are required and to finish both prior to dinner. I'd allow no more than a half hour break in between matches. However, there may be some issues with side events and conso, if someone finishes match 2 at 9 pm or so, but then again clock mandatory would minimize that problem.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.