[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Bring Old Stick Back!

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2013, at 5:44 a.m.

In Response To: Bring Old Stick Back! (Dmitriy Obukhov)

I'm sorry if you and probably others don't think "make the dmp play" or "which play wins more" are useful. They are greatly useful to me in the problems I mention them. To me there is such a clear dmp play here that it's hard for me to imagine the mediocre difference in gammons being able to swing the position to anything but the dmp play. When we have a play where the dmp play is obviously *so* correct, I usually go with that play. (I define *so* as 3% or more)

Often when I'm deciding between two plays OtB if I can answer the dmp part of the question you know what play I'm going with. It may sound like a cop out to you but is by far and large the right way to go. When it isn't, you learn the exceptions along the way. A good example came up today in one of my lessons. I didn't know which play was right. I know what I wanted to play which ends up being a small error but I also knew what the dmp play was for sure. Follow your dmp heart!

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 157
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 161
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-aa-a-E-C-B-bCa--b-cbb-A-A:0:0:1:52:0:0:3:0:10
Blue to play 52

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.