[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Experiment

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2013, at 8:02 a.m.

In Response To: Experiment (AP)

Measuring complexity is tricky here. Even defining what complexity is is very messy.

For example your proposed metric says that a race cube at 4a 2a is more complicated than one at money play. I can easily see many players being more likely to mess up the ATS race cube than the money cube but it just may be that they haven't studied that score instead of the situation being more complicated. I actually would say that in some inherent sense that it is less complicated since there will be no future cube power to account for.

I would just rather have the matchup win percentages. This can be estimated from the Elo formula but there is no guarantee of course that the increasing match length is dealt with correctly in the formula. Also distribution for number of moves (including non trivial non cubes as a move) is better than for number of games.

My guess is this might be easier to do with gnu.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.