[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

TooMuchOnMyMind Squinted 41S-61P-32@-61

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2013, at 7:15 a.m.

In Response To: TooMuchOnMyMind Squinted 41S-61P-32@-61 (svilo)

A Nice Position

I’m not sure what play to make, but I like this position!

Before adventuring into the dangerous territory of the splot, it is worth pointing out that there is a reasonable “safe” play. Playing the 6 off the midpoint, and splitting the anchor with the ace creates a respectable position. It gets you the split you need, unstacks the midpoint, and brings some fresh wood down to support the stripped 7pt and 8pt. It is hard to fault such a play.

That’s why I like this position so much. If you want to try for higher risk and commensurate rewards, you will have to sacrifice a perfectly good alternative.

Suppose you want to slot the 5pt. What, then, is the best 6? The routine play would be to play a checker off the midpoint. Better, I think, is the splot. Since your opponent has made a high anchor, you need to mobilize your back checkers now, on this turn. My guess is that splitting with either the 6 or the 1 is going to be better than most alternatives. So that leaves only two choices.

OTB, I am not sure I would see it, but with my QF antennae quivering, I’ll try the splot.

Playing “wild” means slotting and splitting at the same time.

W (Wild) = 24/18, 6/5

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.