[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Double/Double--A New Variation

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 14 September 2013, at 11:28 a.m.

I came up with a new variation of playing money backgammon last night, tried it, and found it was really an exciting way to play.

You play with 2 cubes. If you want to double, you give your opponent both cubes at the same time. He can drop both cubes if he wants. If he decides to take, he takes only one cube, then I roll 1 die, and he gets to decide whether to take or drop the second cube. (No beavers allowed.)

The same thing is done on recubes. Any time you double or redouble, you must use both cubes if you have two.

If you play well, this will result in more takes of the first cube, as you get a bonus for taking by getting to see the first die on the second cube.

Basically, last night, we played for half our usual stakes on each cube to compensate for the two cubes.

I only did this heads up, and it was tremendously fun, and I think it would be even more fun in a chouette. (Of course, it was even more fun because I won 30 points in 2 hours.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.