[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Average ER

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 14 September 2013, at 11:52 a.m.

In Response To: Average ER (lucky)

First, the top level event may be considered the masters or the open, and I believe that makes a big difference. My guess is that if you took every match in the masters of every tournament in the U.S. the average PR would be around 5.5, and if you took the average PR of the Open it would be around 8.5. (The average will be greatly hurt by a few really bad matches as there will always be a few players that don't belong in the Open and will kick the numbers way up. )

Naturally the average PR of the semis and finals would be lower, and my guess would be something closer to 5 in the masters and 6 in the open.

If I had to guess, I would think that doubles PR would be about 7.5 on average and around 5.5 for the semis and finals. (Again, when you do "average" instead of mean or median the numbers will be hurt quite a bit by one or two really terrible matches that are not reflective of most of the field).

Of course these are just guesses but I have looked at a lot of matches and I doubt I am very far off on this.

I have no way to guess what they would be outside of the U.S.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.