[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Sucks to be me

Posted By: ah_clem
Date: Sunday, 22 September 2013, at 12:47 p.m.

In Response To: Sucks to be me (Bill Calton)

Not much in the way of good plays. Let's see if I can find the least bad one.

Pottling is thematic with a 20 pip lead, but white has the better board and both the 18 or the 16 are subject to a triple shot. If I counted right, only 53 and 55 miss a blot on the 16, so blue will be on the bar almost all the time.

8/2 8/6 minimizes shots, but slots a point that's too far forward and stacks the six.

24/22 8/2 looks like the better "safe" play - it leaves a few more shots at the runner, but gets it moving and doesn't stack the six.

13/5 at least accomplishes something but the 24 (or so, I suck at this shot counting thing) shots means it only accomplishes something 1/3rd of the time.

24/22 13/7 is a similar idea as slotting the five and leaves about as many shots, but it gets the runner going so may be slightly better.

With the big lead in pips, I'll try to minimize shots and race with 24/22 8/2, but without much confidence.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.