[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Snactation - Simple/Simplified Nactation

Posted By: Michael Nielsen
Date: Friday, 27 September 2013, at 11:34 a.m.

In Response To: Snactation - Simple/Simplified Nactation (Todd Kennedy)

I have transcribed a few of my own matches live. I used nactation mostly for the opening moves and otherwise only where it was obvious (to me). In the other cases I just used end points rather than origin points.

For moving two checkers to a point I use an underscore, for three checkers two underscores etc. For forced moves a dash.

There are probably players out there for whom this is no effort, but I'm not one of them. Transcribing your own moves is not so bad, because you can do that after you have hit the clock and it's you opponents turn, but transcribing your opponents moves will dig in to your delay.

But the worst part is that you really need to pay attention during your opponents turn especially if he's shuffling checkers around. Often you might want to use this time for counting pips, considering an upcoming cubeaction or just relaxing. Overall it definitely was mentally draining for me, and also cut into my time.

Maybe with more practice this could become less of an effort, but I'm not willing to try.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.