[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Rollout + OtB + Follow Up Question

Posted By: lucky
Date: Tuesday, 1 October 2013, at 1:25 p.m.

In Response To: Rollout + OtB + Follow Up Question (Stick)

First of all I would run here as I wouldn't expect the two plays to be equal in equity.

If I had this RO available during the match, again I would go with the same play for the following reasons: 1) My next plays are quite clear as running last checker will be clear next turn(s). After 7/4, 7/1 I need to think so many plays each turn (e.g. break the anchor, how to build my board etc)

2) My opponent's game after my run will not be easy. Ok, he will probably attack (if he is in position to understand score complications etc) but the way he should attack will not be clear. The attack will last for some rolls and I am not sure that all plays will be clear. Even if he succeeds, during bear off he will have to make playes that deviate a lot from standard plays. It will not be always easy for my opponent to find the right balance of wins/gammons.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.