[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Four Checker Plays

Posted By: Keene
Date: Monday, 11 November 2013, at 4:30 p.m.

In Response To: Four Checker Plays (Paul Weaver)

I particularly liked the cleanliness of the first position (although I didnt choose that play myself), thats a really nice play. I think from a diagnostic perspective what we are seeing there is that we often dont care about a blot on the ace, and tend to focus on running back checkers. An excellent example of the 'always find 3 plays' rule.

Positions 2 and 3, I wouldnt have made the correct plays - The huge slot and build play just wasnt on my radar, and for position 3 - 11/8 is too stacky for me after the hit, and I doubtless would have found almost any other 3.

Position 4, I can proudly say I got right, cleaning up at the back of the prime, and minimizing risk. This was probably the easiest of the 4 - IMO.

Nice positions. How do you find them Paul? Do you deliberately find ways to get into super-awkward positions, or are you just playing so much that you are getting into them naturally and often?

Keene

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.