[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Christmas Presents

Posted By: rambiz
Date: Monday, 25 November 2013, at 9:14 p.m.

In Response To: Christmas Presents (Stick)

OK, first of all, as you maybe implied, I'd like to see the opening book on this site completed. I'm 100% sure, you already have all the RO results.
Digress:
I have been following the last chess championship very closely. I enjoyed the commentary very much. Not that it was giving me much chess related, but it was very much like, what we need to have in the backgammon community to help starters grasp the basics. Nuances only confuse the beginners. So I think, if the tournament organizers (e.g. ATB, Danish BG federation, etc) could raise a prize pool for the 2 most successful players at the end of one year, and broadcast it with commentary, where both players have much more time on the clock, I think it will definitely help attracting new players. Fast play doesn't help spectators to learn much imho.
Another thing, I learnt from the chess commentators was that, the chess trainers don't ask the students what they want to learn. Students simply don't know, what is best for them. It was said that many chess starters want to be taught one zillion different openings, where it is absolutely of little value at the beginning. So the teacher sets up a training program, which the student follows, not the other way around. So stick and other good players out there:
What should I have wished for, in the first place!?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.