[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2014 ABT Tournaments

Posted By: Keene
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013, at 3:28 p.m.

In Response To: 2014 ABT Tournaments (Stick)

Well, Wisconsin hasnt yet scheduled ours - I had emailed the MC people asking when they were doing theirs several months back, and hadnt heard back from them - there is crossover on those dates, and I would prefer not to lose players to MC if I can avoid it. Tentatively we are looking at the weekend of the August 1st to 3rd.

So, even though I wasnt asked (we arent on the calendar yet), I would have responded promptly, and am perfectly willing to share the answers I would give publicly, here.

I can say with a degree of certainty that for Wisconsin 2014:

Clocks preferred in the Open; mandatory in Doubles and Masters.

Legal Moves mandatory across the board.

Format will be Single Elimination, Progressive Consolation.

Rules to be used are TBD - but whatever works best - whether its the Simborg / Horton / Bower rules, or modified ABT are most likely.

Baffle Boxes / Dice Tubes will be only if both players agree to use them.

On the rules, I welcome feedback from the players as to which they prefer, and will happily go with a majority.

Keene

Note - There is a question mark as to whether I will be directing Wisconsin 2014 or not. I am hoping to convince Bill Minser that he should do it this year, so that I can play. But thats still under discussion. Either way, Wisconsin 2014 will go ahead, and it will be fun and friendly.

PS: Someone needs to unseat John O Hagan as the reigning champ here.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.