[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Fogerlund Ungerleider Cal State

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013, at 7:47 p.m.

In Response To: Fogerlund Ungerleider Cal State (Bruce Farquhar)

Thanks for transcribing and publishing this match, Michelle and Bruce.

It looks like streaming video is the latest greatest thing. Before when a match was recorded you had to rely on someone sending you the match file.

NOW, it looks like those interested in the game will transcribe it and make it available here on bgonline. I like the way Dmitry eliminates all the suspense when he posts a match and lists the player PR's, as that is all anyone cares about it seems, LOL.

It doesn't seem to be good enough to just win anymore, you have to play well too. I applaud the efforts of those who have pioneered this technology which allows people at home to watch exciting matches at big tournaments. You might not want to play Neil Kazaross for big bucks, but he will come into your living room and play for them!

This is all great for backgammon, and even though I have a miserable record in streamed matches I can clearly see the benefits.

I feel it is important to contribute to the enterprise because it does not come free, and so I allocated a portion of my winnings to defray expenses at LA. I urge other winners to do the same, and even if you don't win drop $20 in the tip jar if they stream you. It is wonderful exposure and it is fun.

Special thanks to Justin and Rynell Nunez, and Ben Friesen for taking the time and making the effort to radically improve the game in this way.

I think it is absolutely great that interested players can use the stream recordings to produce match files than anyone, (including the players), can review... Anyone who performs this work/service has earned my highest praise and respect. Carry on!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.