[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Touch-Move Side event at the Chicago Open

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Thursday, 12 December 2013, at 7:36 a.m.

In Response To: Touch-Move Side event at the Chicago Open (Phil Simborg)

Anyone Up for Touch-Move?

While I don't disagree with any of Phil's arguments, I think there is another, more telling one.

Think about this from the perspective of the tournament director. Just a few days ago this hypothetical director might have read here that a certain minority of players believe that all tournaments should be touch-move. Then, only a day or two later, when these same players are offered a chance to put their money where their proverbial mouths are, they demure almost to a person. So ask yourself, if you were the director, would this incline you to switch your tournament to touch-move?

What about the players? If you are one of those who would like to see touch-move, don’t you think it behooves you to demonstrate your preference every chance you get? It should be, unless, that is, the long-term outcome is less important to you than the short-term “fun” that can be had in a side event.

That is, in fact, a reasonable position. To favor touch-move, but not so strongly that one would sacrifice the fun of an evening is perfectly consistent. Of course, it is a position that makes plain exactly how important the whole issue is.

At least, that’s my take on it.

For the record, I strongly oppose any change to touch-move.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.